Gemstones are something that is loved by every woman. These are found in different shapes; therefore you can get the gemstone perfect for you, be it a glistening or a dark one. Popularity of gemstones is a thing that doesn’t need to be argued about. Let’s now talk about the most popular gemstone shapes of the year 2016:-
- Round Cut: The round shape is the first shape to be talked about here. This accounts for over ¾ths of all the gemstones sold nowadays.
- Marquise: This shape is an elongated one having pointed ends. Marquise cut is stunning when employed as a solitaire or while surrounded by other smaller gems.
- Oval Cut: This is a perfectly balanced design fashionable with most women. Its drawn out shape gives a gratifying illusion of length to the fingers.
- Heart Shaped Cut: This is the definitive symbol of love; a pear-shape with a cleft at the apex. The expertise of the cutter decides the splendor of the cut. If you’re searching for a heart-shaped gemstone, then look for one with a smooth shape and a distinct outline.
- Tear Drop Cut: This is a hybrid shape, bringing together the best of marquise and oval shapes. The shape is rather like a radiant teardrop hence the name ‘tear drop cut’. This shape is especially suited for earrings or pendants.
- Princess Cut: It is a rectangular or square cut with many luminous facets. This one is a rather new cut and is very popular in solitaire engagement rings. Suitable for someone with long fingers, this cut is often enhanced with smaller stones at the sides.
- Emerald Cut: It is a rectangular shape with slashed corners. This is an extremely prominent cut for bigger gemstones. In olden times, this shape was rather popular amongst royalty and aristocrats.